Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tokyo: The Long Way -- Part IV

Part I: IAD-MUC in Lufthansa First Class
Part IV: Exploring Tokyo

Since we only had a very short time in Tokyo, we tried to maximize our time and see as much stuff as possible.  Whenever we left the Park Hyatt, they would give us these cards to give to taxi drivers so we could find our way back to the hotel.  It was helpful, but I only ever saw them giving the cards to us.  I guess they thought we would get lost a lot or we were "special" or something.  I almost thought they were gonna pin them to our jackets.




Vending machines



Really pointless video of me using a vending machine



Meiji Shrine

Meiji Shrine

Meiji Shrine

Meiji Shrine

Meiji Shrine

Meiji Shrine

Wedding at Meiji Shrine

Wedding at Meiji Shrine









Sensoji Temple

Sensoji Temple

Sensoji Temple



AMUUURRRICCCAAA!!!!






7/11 Bank

One of the coolest things we got to see on the trip was a sumo wrestling tournament.

Ryogoku Sumo Stadium






Sushi

Strange soup -- still don't know what was floating in there
Hole of squid



And what's a trip to foreign country without a visit to McDonald's.  The strange thing about McDonald's in Japan is they don't accept American credit cards which doesn't really make sense.  


Teriyaki Burger
Tokyo Tower
Subway

Subway

Subway

Tokyo Sky Tree -- the 2nd tallest building in the world

Tokyo Sky Tree and the Golden Turd Building

I wonder if Kobayashi eats here

All the electronics stores have really annoying guys standing out front with microphones screaming.


The taxis are very nice and extremely clean

I have no clue what this is

Restaurant where you order from a vending machine

We saw a lot in our few days there, but I'll definitely have to go back to Tokyo so I can see more.

Stay tuned for the final section about our flights home.



2 comments:

  1. Such great pictures!!!! And I all but lost it when I saw the monument that is the "Golden Turd Building!" Your blog makes my life better.

    ReplyDelete