Saturday, February 19, 2011

Paris to USA and Dublin Trip Report



Part I
Part II
Part III

My trip was as follows: CDG-DUB-PHL-DCA-CLT-DEN-PHL-DUB-CDG

map

My school has spring break in Febraury for some reason, so I decided to take a little mileage run and visit some friends and family. 

My trip started at CDG Terminal 1.

Tubes in CDG Terminal 1


Thai Airways FAs entering the tube.



€4 bottled water...ya, i'm a badass

Aer Lingus 529, CDG - DUB, A320
Friday, February 18, 2011

Depart: 21:30
Arrive: 22:10


Luxurious Aer Lingus interior

My flight arrived at Dublin's recently built Terminal 2. It was very modern.
Dublin's Terminal 2

 I wandered around the Terminal a bit, and had a good chat with a cool Irish janitor.  We were gonna grab a pint, but he had to work.
Art
Weird toothbrush dispenser in the bathroom
Since my next flight was not until 11:05 the following morning, I decided it was time to find a cozy place to rest for the night.  Found some nice seats and pushed them together......almost as good as the Ritz.

My bed

View from bed
 I awoke approximately 2 hours later to the sound of my janitor friend buffing the floors.  Since I had not eaten anything in a long time, I decided it was time for a hearty Irish breakfast.
Hearty Irish breakfast that I devoured


View of the runway from Burger King (the poor man's lounge)
Stay tuned for the next segment of my Dublin-USA trip report (the suspense).

Part II can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment