Saturday, January 21, 2012

Trip to Palm Springs


map
DEN-PSP-IAH-DCA
I recently took a short trip to Palm Springs to visit some family.  We got up early Saturday morning to drive to the airport.  After arriving at the airport and parking, we boarded our Frontier flight.

Frontier plane at the gate

Horrible leg room

TV
Leaving Denver

Denver skyline

Rocky Mountains

The flight went by very quickly, in part due to my new laptop.  My Dell laptop died on me, so I got an Acer Aspire Timeline X.  The best part about the Acer is its battery life which they claim lasts around 9 hours, more than enough to watch movies on the plane.  I've tested the battery and I can get about 9 to 11 hours just doing minimal tasks like browsing the internet, and I get about 4 to 6 hours watching movies.

We were soon flying over Palm Springs and there was a lot of nice scenery on our descent.
Flying over Palm Springs



I had a nice few days in Palm Springs relaxing and catching up with family.  We went to a few restaurants including Jackalope Ranch and Hog's Breath. 
Jackalope Ranch

Chicken and ribs 
Hog's Breath Inn

Steak and fries

Chocolate mousse
After a nice weekend, we headed back to Palm Springs Airport where I boarded a flight back to DC via Houston.  One thing to note is how nice Palm Spring's airport is.  Last time I was here, they were still doing renovations on the airport, but it's really nice now with plenty of outdoor areas to sit and watch planes take off with the mountains in the backdrop.





Outdoor walkway to the terminal

Boarding flight to Houston


Economy Plus leg room - much better than Frontier

Leaving Palm Springs



Upon arriving in Houston, I grabbed some dinner.
Heat lamp pizza
My flight back to DC was extremely crowded.  I sat next to a guy who said he was Global Services, and he said he was third on the upgrade list -- much better than me, I was last on the list.  Overall, it was a great trip and I hope to visit Palm Springs again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment